A Checklist for your Innovation Management System
This Checklist gives you a good starting point to evaluate the current state of affairs of your Innovation Management System (IMS). An IMS is defined as follows:
IMS = Innovation Management System:
Set of interrelated or interacting elements of an organisation to establish innovation policies and objectives,
and processes to achieve those objectives
The key elements of the Innovation Management System can be illustrated as follows:
Based on Clause 4-11 in 16555-1:2013, a checklist has been prepared, allowing for an initial assessment of the status of your Innovation Management System. Read more about the European Standard for Innovation Management here.
Once you have filled out the IMS checklist, consider the following diagnostics:
Recommendations based on IMS Rating:
- Poor (27-40 points):
- Innovation Camp with top management, to decide the necessary steps to improve the IMS. Innovation Training will be required, as well as working with your Innovation Culture.
- Sporadic (41-67 points):
- Focus on Innovation Competences, e.g. through Innovation Keynotes, Innovation Training, or sessions with the INNOCULTURE game.
- Good (68-94 points):
- You can do a lot here, e.g. harvest ideas to improve the IMS from an Innovation Event, use the INNOCULTURE game, or even embark on a FORTH Innovation project.
- Excellent (95-108 points):
- Communicate the virtues of your IMS through an Innovation Event, or fine tune your innovation capabilities through a FORTH Innovation project.